The previous sections have outlined the main options for people with bipolar II disorder (BPII).
Not everyone will feel the same about what to do next. The following seven steps may help you to make decisions about which medication and psychological treatment options you wish to take up:
- Decide on the level of involvement that you want from your clinician and tell them your preferences.
- Decide on the level of involvement that you want from your family and tell them your preferences.
- Understand your current options.
- Review the pros (benefits) and cons (side effects/risks) of each option.
- Assess how important the pros and cons of each option are to you.
- Get more information and clarify any uncertain areas by asking questions.
- Work out which option/s you are leaning towards.